Take the fast lane - concentration measurements of acids and bases
Nov 06 2019 Read 1691 Times
Concentration measurement of acids and bases plays an important role in the chemical industry, e.g. for quality control. An important factor to be considered is time, especially if fast results are expected. The concentration of acids and bases is conventionally measured by titration, a time-consuming and elaborate procedure.
Anton Paar presents an interesting alternative: Abbemat refractometers offer several advantages compared to titration. Besides an unmatched measuring speed of approx. 10 s for one measurement, Abbemat refractometers save a lot of money compared to titration and pay for themselves within a short period of time:
- Just one drop of sample is required – no consumption of additional chemicals
- Accuracy depends on the instrument alone – no dependence on standard solutions, burettes, or detectors
- Sample is measured immediately – no elaborate preparation work, e.g. optimization of dosing rate, necessary
- Direct measurement of the sample on the measuring prism – no need for expensive standard solutions, glassware, or additional consumables
- Virtually free of maintenance: Abbemat refractometers have no moving parts – no elaborate inspection, cleaning, or replacement of worn or broken parts
From the concentration of acids, such as sulfuric and nitric acids, up to organic solvents, such as acetone, Abbemat provides results within seconds. Abbemat refractometers from Anton Paar already offer methods for applications in all industries. Over 200 methods guarantee a wide range of applications in the laboratory for raw, intermediate, and final products.
If required, further methods can easily be programmed on site or developed by the Anton Paar application development team.
For all these reasons Abbemat refractometers should be considered as the method of choice when the concentration of binary chemical solutions, for example acids or bases, needs to be measured.
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
In This Edition Articles - Export experts talk Corona Virus - Automated cell counting shouldn’t cost the earth Laboratory Products - Spectrophotometer Linearity Validation - Analysi...
View all digital editions
Jun 11 2020 Brussels, Belgium
Jun 20 2020 San Diego, CA, USA
Jun 30 2020 Nuremberg, Germany
Jul 27 2020 Kintex, South Korea
Aug 13 2020 Shanghai, China