Jet fuel, crude oil, Diesel blends: Applied NIR-Spectroscopy – quality control of hydrocarbon refining
May 20 2016 Read 1275 Times
Near-Infrared Spectroscopy (NIRS) enables straightforward multi-parameter analysis of critical parameters for monitoring the refining of hydrocarbons. NIRS is a non-destructive secondary analysis method, NIRS does not require any handling of chemicals whatsoever, and real time measurements are performed at the push of a button.
NIRS is the ideal method for a wide range of applications:
- Distillation of crude oil: API Gravity, Reid Vapour Pressure (RVP), density, PIANO
- Lubricant oils: aromatics content, density, flame point, oil content, PAH, pourpoint, distillation analysis, viscosity
- Diesel blends: cetan index, cloudpoint, density, FAME, colour, flashpoint, etc.
Metrohm provides a comprehensive portfolio of NIRS instrumentation for laboratory and process analysis as well as a large number of documented applications (Application Notes). Among them are:
- AN-NIR-022 Petroleum product analysis by NIRS (cetane index, TAN, aromatics, and sulphur)
- AN-NIR-024 Measurement of diene value (DV) by NIRS
- AN-NIR-025 Real-time inline predictions of jet fuel properties by NIRS
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
The following Buyers’ Guide has been produced by International Labmate Ltd. International Labmate have been publishing magazines for over 46 years. We now publish 9 laboratory, environmental and...
View all digital editions
Dec 03 2020 Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dec 08 2020 Beijing, China
Dec 08 2020 VIrtual event
Dec 09 2020 Tokyo, Japan
Dec 09 2020 Virtual event