Jet fuel, crude oil, Diesel blends: Applied NIR-Spectroscopy – quality control of hydrocarbon refining
May 20 2016 Read 1319 Times
Near-Infrared Spectroscopy (NIRS) enables straightforward multi-parameter analysis of critical parameters for monitoring the refining of hydrocarbons. NIRS is a non-destructive secondary analysis method, NIRS does not require any handling of chemicals whatsoever, and real time measurements are performed at the push of a button.
NIRS is the ideal method for a wide range of applications:
- Distillation of crude oil: API Gravity, Reid Vapour Pressure (RVP), density, PIANO
- Lubricant oils: aromatics content, density, flame point, oil content, PAH, pourpoint, distillation analysis, viscosity
- Diesel blends: cetan index, cloudpoint, density, FAME, colour, flashpoint, etc.
Metrohm provides a comprehensive portfolio of NIRS instrumentation for laboratory and process analysis as well as a large number of documented applications (Application Notes). Among them are:
- AN-NIR-022 Petroleum product analysis by NIRS (cetane index, TAN, aromatics, and sulphur)
- AN-NIR-024 Measurement of diene value (DV) by NIRS
- AN-NIR-025 Real-time inline predictions of jet fuel properties by NIRS
In This Edition Articles - Seats at the table to shape the industry’s future - Battling biohazardous liquid laboratory waste Laboratory Products - Two New Powerful Stirrers Announced...
View all digital editions
Apr 14 2021 Tokyo, Japan
Apr 20 2021 Virtual event
Apr 26 2021 Online event
Apr 28 2021 Virtual event
May 02 2021 Virtual conference