Jet fuel, crude oil, Diesel blends: Applied NIR-Spectroscopy – quality control of hydrocarbon refining
May 20 2016 Read 1088 Times
Near-Infrared Spectroscopy (NIRS) enables straightforward multi-parameter analysis of critical parameters for monitoring the refining of hydrocarbons. NIRS is a non-destructive secondary analysis method, NIRS does not require any handling of chemicals whatsoever, and real time measurements are performed at the push of a button.
NIRS is the ideal method for a wide range of applications:
- Distillation of crude oil: API Gravity, Reid Vapour Pressure (RVP), density, PIANO
- Lubricant oils: aromatics content, density, flame point, oil content, PAH, pourpoint, distillation analysis, viscosity
- Diesel blends: cetan index, cloudpoint, density, FAME, colour, flashpoint, etc.
Metrohm provides a comprehensive portfolio of NIRS instrumentation for laboratory and process analysis as well as a large number of documented applications (Application Notes). Among them are:
- AN-NIR-022 Petroleum product analysis by NIRS (cetane index, TAN, aromatics, and sulphur)
- AN-NIR-024 Measurement of diene value (DV) by NIRS
- AN-NIR-025 Real-time inline predictions of jet fuel properties by NIRS
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
In this edition Articles - Detection of molecular markers in aquatic sediments by ion profi les obtained by GC/MS system - Fighting the Resistance: How Rapid Microbial ID with MALDI MS and A...
View all digital editions
Feb 25 2019 Moscow, Russia
Feb 26 2019 Guangzhou, China
Feb 27 2019 Berlin, Germany
Mar 03 2019 Maryland, (Washington DC), USA
Mar 05 2019 London, UK