News & Views
Expansion marks transition to CDMO Partnership Capability
Oct 16 2023
Full-service cell and gene therapy (CGT) manufacturing business eXmoor Pharma, has launched a new Cell and Gene Therapy Centre GMP facility, to support the simultaneous production of multiple therapies for clinical trials. The 65,000 sq ft facility offers much-needed capacity and capability to help scale the next generation of CGTs for human trials and beyond. The facility is the final step in eXmoor’s expansion into a full-service CGT contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO).
“The opening of this facility marks a landmark achievement for us, as we bring our 19 years of translation consulting and process development experience to directly enable the rapid development of life changing therapies in the UK and beyond,” said Angela Osborne, CEO of eXmoor. “To date, we have completed more than 500 projects, including the design of 37 CGT manufacturing facilities. Our Cell and Gene Therapy Centre represents the culmination of all that experience.”
Constructed in only 14 months the Cell and Gene Therapy Centre houses specialised labs for clients’ process and analytical development, with the capability for technology transfer to GMP production on the same site. The GMP area features:
- Four large, Grade C processing modules with airlocks
- Process-agnostic design for both cell and gene therapy manufacturing
- Complete segregation between processing modules
- Up to two-times 200L bioreactor scale for viral vector or allogeneic cell therapy manufacture or space for up to five autologous cell therapy stations
- Fully serviced with all GMP gas supplies for any cell /gene therapy process
- Uninterruptable power supply (UPS) and emergency generator for electrical back up
- Expansion space of 12,000 sq ft for another nine suites to grow with eXmoor’s clients into scaled-up and -out manufacturing for pivotal trials and in-market supply
- 6,500 sq ft for process development, quality control and analytical labs, with ‘same again’ expansion potential for additional manufacturing and commercialization partnerships.
The facility has also been designed with no fossil fuel usage on site, relying instead on solar technology and heat pumps.
The company anticipates securing a Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency Manufacturing License in April 2024 and is now scheduling 2024 manufacturing slots for next year.
More information online
In This Edition Chromatography Articles - Comparing techniques for flow rate measurement in Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry & Spectroscopy Articles - APGC: A Better Future with...
View all digital editions
Mar 03 2024 Bethesda, MA, USA
Mar 04 2024 Guanghzou, China
Mar 05 2024 Guangzhou, China
Mar 14 2024 Brussels, Belgium
Mar 17 2024 Monterey, CA, USA