The Xylem Analytics pH Handbook - indispensable for your day-to-day lab routines
Jan 08 2020
The Xylem pH Handbook gives hands-on practical know how about pH measurement and pH determination. Numerous illustrations, tables and diagrams are contained in its 100 pages to convey how the pH is measured correctly.
Our objective was to combine basic knowledge of pH measurement with the laboratory experience of the Xylem Analytics experts, made available in a practical handbook.
With its added recommendations on which pH electrodes to use for specific applications, the pH Handbook is an indispensable guide for your day-to-day laboratory routines.
1. Basic concepts of potentiometry and pH measurement
- Definition of acid and base
- Definition of the pH value
- Electrochemical potential
- Nernst equation
- Methods of pH measurement
2. Structure of pH electrodes
- The glass electrode
- The reference electrode
- Combined measurement chains
3. Potentiometry of the pH electrode
4. Buffer solutions and safety in pH measurement
- Definition of buffers
- Standard buffers
- Working with buffer solutions
- Measurement uncertainty
5. Measurement equipment and measurement setup
6. Practical pH measurement
- pH measurement in various applications
- pH measurement in an organic solution
- Recommendations for use, maintenance and care of electrodes
In This Edition Articles - Deep characterisation and quantitative analysis - Seamless HPLC Method Transfer - How does a sample’s adventure unfold at Diamond? Mass Spectrometry & Spectr...
View all digital editions
Aug 10 2021 Pennsylvania, PA, USA & Online
Aug 18 2021 Beijing, China
Aug 22 2021 Xi'an, China
Aug 22 2021 Atlanta, GA, USA & Virtual
Aug 22 2021 Digital event