The Xylem Analytics pH Handbook - indispensable for your day-to-day lab routines
Jan 08 2020 Read 775 Times
The Xylem pH Handbook gives hands-on practical know how about pH measurement and pH determination. Numerous illustrations, tables and diagrams are contained in its 100 pages to convey how the pH is measured correctly.
Our objective was to combine basic knowledge of pH measurement with the laboratory experience of the Xylem Analytics experts, made available in a practical handbook.
With its added recommendations on which pH electrodes to use for specific applications, the pH Handbook is an indispensable guide for your day-to-day laboratory routines.
1. Basic concepts of potentiometry and pH measurement
- Definition of acid and base
- Definition of the pH value
- Electrochemical potential
- Nernst equation
- Methods of pH measurement
2. Structure of pH electrodes
- The glass electrode
- The reference electrode
- Combined measurement chains
3. Potentiometry of the pH electrode
4. Buffer solutions and safety in pH measurement
- Definition of buffers
- Standard buffers
- Working with buffer solutions
- Measurement uncertainty
5. Measurement equipment and measurement setup
6. Practical pH measurement
- pH measurement in various applications
- pH measurement in an organic solution
- Recommendations for use, maintenance and care of electrodes
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
In This Edition Articles - Ambient Ionisation MS and GC-MS Analysis and Identification of Aroma Compounds in Agave Based Alcoholic Beverages - How a Chromatographic Method is More Than a Sep...
View all digital editions
Sep 29 2020 Utrecht, Holland
Oct 06 2020 Lagos, Nigeria
Oct 06 2020 Digital Forum
Oct 07 2020 Lyon, France
Oct 07 2020 Lausanne, Switzerland