Mass Spectrometry & Spectroscopy
Agilent Technologies Launched Enhanced Mass Spectrometry Portfolio with Improved Productivity and Sensitivity
Aug 27 2013
Agilent Technologies unveiled a revitalised portfolio of mass spectrometry instruments, applications, and software aimed at helping scientists, researchers and laboratory professionals in industries such as food, forensics, environment, pharmaceutical and integrated biology to reduce the time and resources in their research works, as well as to provide greater depth and clarity in their research. The portfolio was showcased at the ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry) Conference, and also at the KSMS (Korean Society for Mass Spectrometry) Conference.
Among the enhanced portfolio of instruments is the Agilent RapidFire 365 High-throughput Mass Spectrometry system, which is fully integrated with the Agilent Benchbot Robot automation technology and is compatible with Agilent’s entire line of mass spectrometers.
New enhancements are also made to Agilent’s LC and LC/MS instruments that will increase the efficiency and reliability of workflows across numerous applications and software including:
- Mass scan speed on Agilent’s single quad LC/MS instruments have now been doubled
- New StreamSelect LC/MS systm comprising two Agilent 1200 Infinity Series LC coupled to a single 6400 Series Agilent Triple Quadrupole LC/MS
- New Ion-Mobility separation technology combined with a modified high-resolution i-Funnel Quadrupole Time-of-Flight (Q-TOF) LC/MS system, which demonstrated the ability to provide significantly greater analytical detail for complex samples compared to high-resolution mass spectrometry alone
- MassHunter All Ions MS/MS software, which enabled researchers to quickly and easily create acquisition methods using Agilent time-of-flight and quadrupole time-of-flight instruments. It will automatically confirm the identities of compounds with high-resolution, accurate-mass libraries and create quantitative screening methods in minutes rather than days
- MassHunter BioConfirm software provides mirror plots for the comparision of biosimilars and peak modeling deconvolution to determine the molecular weight of intact proteins. The resulting (simplified) spectra allows researchers to visualise the precision of the mass measurement and ensure the accuracy of their results, enabling rapid confirmation of intact protein sequences and modifications
A GC/MS/MS Pesticides Residue Analysis Guide, a detailed compendium which outlines complete instructions for modifying and re-optimising analytical methodology and standard operating procedures for analysing pesticide residue in food. The compendium has also been successfully applied to pesticide GC/MS/MS analysis in drinking water at a state environmental laboratory in the US. This guide also features a complete spectrum of resources for GC/MS/MS analysis, a companion sample preparation procedure, and instructions for expanding analytical methods using Agilent Pesticide and Environmental Pollutant MRM Database.
More information about Agilent Technologies is available at www.agilent.com.
Buyers Guide - Major producers of analytical equipment who wish to introduce and sell their products to buyers in science and industry - Over 1,000 products and services that these companys man...
View all digital editions
Jan 17 2024 Birmingham, UK
Jan 24 2024 Tokyo, Japan
Jan 29 2024 Dubai, UAE
Jan 31 2024 Tokyo, Japan
Feb 03 2024 Boston, MA, USA