Mass Spectrometry & Spectroscopy
The Hiden pQA Portable Quadrupole Analyser for Environmental Field Studies
Jan 12 2021
The Hiden pQA portable gas analyser is a versatile mass spectrometer and offered with a range of interchangeable sampling inlets to suit a broad application range. MIMS inlets are offered for analysis of dissolved species in ground water, fermentation cultures, soil samples, and general applications where analysis of dissolved species in liquid sample is required.
The system is suited to gas analysis applications, where sample volume is small, and for environmental applications where detection of low concentration levels is required. The pQA system has a mass range of 200 amu and sub ppb detection levels. Extended mass range to 300amu is optional.
The system is supplied in a Pelican® case and can be powered by a 12 V supply for field use, battery and/or solar powered, or a 220 V supply for laboratory use.
Sampling inlet systems are offered for a broad application range including:
- Direct membrane inlet probe for immersion and/or insertion in liquid or sludge sample, soil core sampling for example.
- Recirculating probe for analysis of sample with continuous flow, extracted sea or estuary water for example.
- Flow through probe, low flow design for denitrification studies.
The system includes:
- Quadrupole mass spectrometer system from the RGA series with mass range options 200 amu.
- Mass spectrometer analyser manifold and UHV pump set with a manually valved dissolved species probe with silicone rubber membrane.
- Ion Gauge and interlocks to provide protection for the mass spectrometer in case of over pressure.
- Fast acting shut off valve between the dissolved species probe and mass spectrometer manifold to protect the mass spectrometer in case of membrane failure. The valve is interlocked with the integral UHV pressure gauge.
- Supplied in a ruggedized Pelican case for usability in the field.
- Can be powered by a 12 V supply, from a vehicle power outlet, for example.
- Can also be powered by a standard power outlet for laboratory use.
- Total weight is less than 40 kg.
In This Edition Chromatography - Achiral Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC) for the Purification of Pharmaceuticals - Equivalent GC systems performance for regulatory method compliance...
View all digital editions
May 29 2022 Virtual event
May 31 2022 Frankfurt, Germany
Jun 05 2022 Minneapolis, MN, USA
Jun 08 2022 Rotterdam, Netherlands
Jun 08 2022 Helsinki, Finland