Introducing our new VICI M Series pump rated up to 1500 psi
Mar 06 2019 Read 973 Times
Syringe free. Pulseless, continuous bi-directional flow.
- Up to 1500 psi (compared to 100 psi for our M6 and M50 pumps)
- Flow rate ranging from 5nL/min - 5mL/min
- Pulseless, continuous flow
- Volume accuracy < ± 0.5% error rate at low flow rates
- Material options for biocompatibility (PEEK, crosslinked PTFE, ceramic)
Other models include our original pumps rated up to 100 psi - the M6 pump (5 nL/min to 5 mL/min) and the M50 pump (1 µL/min to 25 mL/min).
The Cheminert M-series liquid handling pump is syringe free and capable of delivering a bidirectional flow to six orders of magnitude. As a positive displacement pump, it is self priming and tolerant of any gas which may find its way into the fluid lines. Eliminating the need of a separate fill cycle allows for continuous flow and volumes limited only by time. USB and RS-422/485 communication protocols are incorporated into the microprocessor-driven controller. The pump comes complete with M6LHS software which employs standard liquid handling terminology in a familiar Windows format for every day lab usage. For more advanced control of system parameters, IMS intelligent motion systems software can be downloaded directly from the IMS website at imshome.com.
At the core of the pump is a rotor which houses four pistons. As the micro stepper motor turns the rotor, the pistons float on a stationary cam; at any given moment, one piston is filling, one is dispensing, and the other two are in transit between the fill and dispense positions.
The M-series pump is recommended for liquid handling applications requiring accuracy and precision. It is particularly well-suited for applications with a wide range of volumes, eliminating syringe changes. Typical applications include:
- Calibration source for mass spectroscopy
- Flow-based electrochemical systems
- Flow cytometry, cell and drug perfusion
- HTS and robotic systems
- Infusion and microdialysis
- LC applications micro flow, micro gradients
- Mass spectroscopy sample introduction
- Microarray readers – dispensers for nL to mL range applications
- Microtiter plate dispensing using multi position valves
- Post HPLC column reagent addition, stop flow, peak collection
- Precision dispensers and sampling devices such as autosamplers
- Sample introduction systems for ICP nebulisers
Note high-speed continuous flow will reduce the pump lifetime.
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
In This Edition Mass Spectrometry & Spectroscopy - 67th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics - Modular MS Bench System with Integrated Gas Supply for Sciex LC-MS/MS Unveile...
View all digital editions
Aug 04 2019 Anaheim, CA, USA
Aug 04 2019 Portland, OR, USA
Aug 05 2019 Lombard, IL, USA
Aug 25 2019 San Diego, CA, USA
Sep 01 2019 Berlin, Germany