News & Views
Free Seminars: Enhance your Manual and Automated Liquid Handling
Nov 05 2019 Read 819 Times
Gilson, renown experts in liquid handling, are hosting a series of seminars across Europe on "How to Enhance your Manual and Automated Liquid Handling". Liquid handling is at the heart of most laboratory practices. From manual pipetting, transferring simple solutions, through to complex extractions and purifications, they all present unique challenges that can affect the reproducibility, accuracy and productivity of experiments. Join them at one of their many events across the UK, in the Netherlands and Germany during November, learning key aspects of pipetting in the morning with the opportunity for an interactive hands-on session after lunch with Gilson experts.
Dates and Venues
- Cambridge, Babraham Institute - 20 November 2019
- Oxford Science Park - 27 November 2019
- Macclesfield, Alderley Park - 4th December 2019
- BTF Life Science Park Leiden -26 November 2019
- Medizinische Hochschule Hannover - 25 November 2019
- Köln, CECAD - 27 November 2019
At all venues, seminars are from 09:30 am – 12:00pm with lunch and optional interactive session from 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
What Will You Learn
Learn expert tips and tricks on the best pipetting practices and how to address the issues that commonly cause pipetting errors. Understand how to automate a manual process; either by introducing automation to your lab or the things to consider if you already use such systems, and gain confidence with automation that many scientists often lack. Finally, discover the world of Gilson’s Internet of Things (IOT) and how new smart, Bluetooth pipettes and devices can easily be integrated within your lab to enhance reproducibility and traceability, and change the way you manage your data.
Pipetting Tips & Tricks
- How to minimise common pipetting errors
- Best practice pipetting advice
- How to pipette viscous and volatile samples
- Looking after your pipette – simple maintenance
How to Automate a Manual Method
- An introduction to automation
- Things to consider when automating a method
- How to apply this to your existing automated systems, regardless of manufacturer
Making your Lab as Smart as your Science – Introducing Smart Connected Lab Devices
- How smart pipettes and devices fit into the lab of the future
- Connecting the lab - behind the technology
- Simple ways to introduce Connected devices in your lab
- The evolution of the laboratory and how to future proof your lab
From attending one of our informative seminars, you will gain a better understanding of how to manipulate liquids, whether via manual or automated processes, and gain the confidence to apply it in your laboratory, regardless of the systems you already use.
Who Should Attend?
Any professionals who pipette or handle liquids within the laboratory. For Example, Lab Officers, Research Assistants, Lab Technicians, Chemists.
How to Book this Free Event:
You can book your place via the seminar website. Let us know which venue you would like to attend. If you have colleagues who would like to attend the event, please forward them this email or the link. Alternatively, you can email us to reserve your space.
Please note. Spaces are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
In This Edition Chromatography - The Purification of Crown Ether Samples by a Quaternary Solvent Flash Chromatography System - New Wettable Phase Thrives in Water - Reduced Surface Activity...
View all digital editions
Feb 26 2020 Guanghzou, China
Mar 01 2020 Chicago, IK, USA
Mar 04 2020 Beijing, China
Mar 05 2020 New Delhi, India
Mar 11 2020 Guangzhou, China