Celebrate 45 Years of Ion Chromatography Innovation
May 22 2020 Read 781 Times
For ion analysis, nothing compares to the Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ ion chromatography (IC) system. Today, we mark 45 years of Thermo Scientific Dionex IC celebration with innovative technology. We are committed to ensuring that our IC systems continue to be future-ready, helping laboratory professionals be more productive, be safer with less chemical handling and maximise their resources.
Our key technological advancements for IC include:
- Eluent generation (EG) – Eluent generation is an electrolytic process that allows the production of high purity eluents for ion chromatography, and is a part of Reagent-Free Ion Chromatography™ (RFIC™)
- Watch the video to understand why some methods use carbonate eluent and some uses hydroxide eluent, what are the differences and how this was developed Watch NOW
- Check out this Analyte Guru blog post which provides information on why continuously regenerated trap column can keep your eluent cleaner, provide better baseline and background to your ion chromatography. Read the blog>>
- Reagent-free ion chromatography - Eliminate eluent preparation errors with RFIC. Check out our Dual EG technology and learn how you no longer have to manually prepare hydroxide and sodium acetate to analyse oligosaccharides
- Learn more about our advancements in EG and RFIC here
- Hyphenated IC - Consider hyphenating your ion chromatograph system to gain an abundance of information instead of just using conductivity or amperometry as your IC detection. Hyphenate it with an Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS) to speciate transition metals to decipher toxic versus non-toxic; add an UV-Vis in serials to the IC in order to gain chromophoric information and sensitivity such as nitrate in high anionic content. Learn more about hyphenated IC here
Coming up as part of our celebration will be the launch of a new ebook on IC authored by Joachim Weiss, PhD, International Technical Director for Dionex Products at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Dr Weiss is recognised as an international expert in analytical chemistry, and the 4th edition of his Handbook of Ion Chromatography was published in 2016. In 2015, he was awarded the Maria Sklodowska Curie Medal of the Polish Chemical Society for his achievements in separation science. Details of the new ebook to be announced soon.
We invite you to be the first to know by signing up for our mailing list. Besides getting updates on new ion chromatography systems, columns, consumables and sample preparation products, you will also receive all our latest content including applications, white papers and webinars, upcoming events and promotions.
Subscribe to our e-newsletter and be updated on the launch date of our complimentary new ebook on Ion Chromatography here
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
In This Edition Chromatography - Measurement of Pesticides in Cannabis sativa and Hemp Matrices - Biphenyl Modified Silica Stabilised by Bulky Substituents - Wettable Phase for Analytical a...
View all digital editions
Aug 11 2020 Guanghzou, China
Aug 13 2020 Shanghai, China
Aug 16 2020 San Francisco, CA, USA
Aug 19 2020 Mumbai, India
Aug 19 2020 Mumbai, India