Mass Spectrometry & Spectroscopy
The Hiden pQA Portable Quadrupole Analyser for Environmental Field Studies
Jan 12 2021 Read 423 Times
The Hiden pQA portable gas analyser is a versatile mass spectrometer and offered with a range of interchangeable sampling inlets to suit a broad application range. MIMS inlets are offered for analysis of dissolved species in ground water, fermentation cultures, soil samples, and general applications where analysis of dissolved species in liquid sample is required.
The system is suited to gas analysis applications, where sample volume is small, and for environmental applications where detection of low concentration levels is required. The pQA system has a mass range of 200 amu and sub ppb detection levels. Extended mass range to 300amu is optional.
The system is supplied in a Pelican® case and can be powered by a 12 V supply for field use, battery and/or solar powered, or a 220 V supply for laboratory use.
Sampling inlet systems are offered for a broad application range including:
- Direct membrane inlet probe for immersion and/or insertion in liquid or sludge sample, soil core sampling for example.
- Recirculating probe for analysis of sample with continuous flow, extracted sea or estuary water for example.
- Flow through probe, low flow design for denitrification studies.
The system includes:
- Quadrupole mass spectrometer system from the RGA series with mass range options 200 amu.
- Mass spectrometer analyser manifold and UHV pump set with a manually valved dissolved species probe with silicone rubber membrane.
- Ion Gauge and interlocks to provide protection for the mass spectrometer in case of over pressure.
- Fast acting shut off valve between the dissolved species probe and mass spectrometer manifold to protect the mass spectrometer in case of membrane failure. The valve is interlocked with the integral UHV pressure gauge.
- Supplied in a ruggedized Pelican case for usability in the field.
- Can be powered by a 12 V supply, from a vehicle power outlet, for example.
- Can also be powered by a standard power outlet for laboratory use.
- Total weight is less than 40 kg.
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
In This Edition Articles - The Movement Towards More Comprehensive Testing of Mycotoxins in Cannabis - Addressing proper HACCP implementation - Micropatterning: The art of micro-controlling...
View all digital editions
Jan 20 2021 Tokyo, Japan & online
Jan 23 2021 Digital Event
Jan 26 2021 Virtual event
Feb 23 2021 Cologne, Germany
Feb 28 2021 Virtual event