News & Views
COVID 19 -Urgent UK Government Request: Supply of COVID-19 Antigen Test Kit
Mar 21 2020
The BIA is helping the UK Government (Office for Life Sciences) to raise awareness of an urgent call out to the life sciences sector to help increase the supply of antigen testing kits for COVID-19.
The requirement is for commercial supply of the following:
* Full testing packages (specification below)
* Any of the separate components within the testing package
* Any alternative tests government should be considering
The specification for testing kit is as follows:
1. Swabs: Nasopharangeal (Floxsynthetic fiber tipped (polyester) or flocked swabs) with polystyrene shafts that are scored at 80 mm for a breakpoint
• Nasopharyngeal (minitip) are currently preferred
• No discoloration on the swab bud (i.e. yellowing or brown discoloration).
• Sterilised and individually wrapped
• No calcium alginate swabs
• No swabs with wooden shafts
Nose and throat swabs (Rayon tipped – FDA review in process)
2. Sample Vial
Glass (20.25 +- 0.25 x 47.25+- 0.5) & Plastic (TBD)
3. Viral transport medium
· Covid-19 transport medium
4. Alcohol/Sanitiser wipes
5. Re-packaging (storage/biohazard packaging)
· Vial wrap – Specification TBD
· Sealed zip lock bag
· Second bag (plastic/cushioned)
· Sealable container – ‘Biobottle’
· Postal ‘biobox’
In addition there is also a rquirement for diagnostic testing.
Any organisations that can supply for sale any or all of the above should email
firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
In This Edition Chromatography Articles - Faster and automated analysis of aroma compounds in cosmetics Mass Spectrometry & Spectroscopy Articles - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) abou...
View all digital editions
Oct 05 2023 Gandhinagar, India
Oct 10 2023 Hybrid event
Oct 18 2023 Liverpool, UK
Oct 23 2023 Beijing, China
Oct 24 2023 Glasgow, Scotland, UK