News & Views
What will changes in emission legislation mean for the pollution monitoring industry?
Sep 09 2009 Read 880 Times
The international community is currently working to improve the co-ordination between monitoring systems and the legislation they support - for example, the EU aims to improve the alignment between the Large Combustion Plant Directive and the Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control Directive. But what will these and other changes in emission legislation mean for the pollution monitoring industry?
CEM, the International Conference on Emissions Monitoring will take place on the 23rd to 25th September on the shores of Lake Maggiore in Italy. The event has grown in strength and popularity since its inaugural meeting in 1997. CEM 2009 will continue this position as the major international conference and exhibition specifically designed to cover the subject of source emissions monitoring in its entirety.
CEM2009 includes 5 sessions:
1. Emission factors and inventories - looking at the challenges of providing accurate data to meet national and national requirements
2. Certification and accreditation - these systems are shifting from being something desirable to something almost mandatory in many areas
3. PM10/2.5 - fine particles are possibly the greatest challenge to many countries at the moment with many EU member states and individual states in the USA facing the fact that they cannot comply with the tightening air quality standards without a better understanding of the speciation
4. Advanced techniques - as legislation calls for increased accuracy despite decreasing concentrations, advanced techniques offer a solution to this challenge
5. Case studies of standards in practice - just how easy it is to use CEN/ISO standards in the real world?
For more information go to www.cem.uk.com
Do you like or dislike what you have read? Why not post a comment to tell others / the manufacturer and our Editor what you think. To leave comments please complete the form below. Providing the content is approved, your comment will be on screen in less than 24 hours. Leaving comments on product information and articles can assist with future editorial and article content. Post questions, thoughts or simply whether you like the content.
The following Buyers’ Guide has been produced by International Labmate Ltd. International Labmate have been publishing magazines for over 46 years. We now publish 9 laboratory, environmental and...
View all digital editions
Nov 05 2020 Istanbul, Turkey
Nov 10 2020 Karachi, Pakistan
Nov 11 2020 Chiba City, Japan
Nov 12 2020 Shanghai, China
Nov 15 2020 Virtual event